An interview with Brittany Walshaw, Owner
What made you decide to get into the business of food/drink?
I love food! I like creative combinations using fresh ingredients.
I was born and raised in Reno so after leaving for 10 years, I wanted to come home and bring Reno something new that I love.
Why are you excited for Reno Restaurant Week?
I’m excited for RRW because it is a wonderful opportunity to not only eat delicious food, but to explore and support local business. Having something positive to share with our community is much needed right now… and what’s more positive than filling peoples bellies with delicious meals.
What is one thing you’d like your guests to know about you and/or your establishment?
We strive to do our part to help the environment. We do this by reducing food waste whenever possible and compost the waste we do have. We use only eco-friendly plant-based, compostable to-go containers. We use reusable glass bowls, cups and silverware for those who dine-in to help reduce our overall waste. And of course, we recycle.
How are you complying with safety guidelines for COVID-19?
- All staff members are required to wear masks.
- All staff members wash hands frequently.
- We frequently wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant.
- We offer online ordering, curbside pickup, and delivery (delivery is done by Pola staff and not a third party to reduce unnecessary contact with extra people)
- We currently do not allow inside dining, but have a lovely patio. We do this to reduce the likelihood of respiratory transmission since we are a small restaurant.