Info for Food & Drink Establishments
WHAT IS A HUNGRY IN RENO RESTAURANT WEEK?
Hungry in Reno Restaurant Week is an event taking place June 1-7, 2020. During this week, participating establishments will offer reduced or fixed price menus and/or specialty items to encourage locals and visitors to try establishments that they haven’t had the opportunity to try before.
This week long event has been created to support and celebrate the food and drink community in the Reno, Sparks, Carson City areas and to encourage locals and visitors to try new places during this week and, hopefully after having an excellent experience, revisit throughout the year.
HOW DOES PARTICIPATING IN THIS RESTAURANT WEEK BENEFIT MY BUSINESS?
There are several ways participating in Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week will benefit your business:
- It is a great way for you to draw in new customers and also keep existing customers satisfied and interested.
- Although you are offering your meals for reduced prices, Restaurant Week should boost your traffic not only during the event but also before and after the event.
- Restaurant Week gives you a chance to impress customers with your food, drinks and service. A high-quality experience may persuade some guests to come back and become repeat customers.
- Taking part in Restaurant Week will show your commitment to our community and boost your reputation as a high-quality restaurant within the community.
- Participating in Restaurant Week can also help improve the local economy and build the areas reputation as a foodie destination, which can improve tourism.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR AN ESTABLISHMENT TO PARTICIPATE?
It is $100 for an establishment to become a participant in Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week. Each participant will also be required to provide a $25 gift certificate/card to be raffled. Due date for payment and gift card is April 1, 2020.
WHAT WILL MY ESTABLISHMENT RECEIVE AS A PARTICIPANT?
As a participant in Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week your establishment will receive the following:
- Digital, print and media recognition leading up to and during Restaurant Week. The event, and it’s participants, will be heavily promoted via social media, direct mail, print, e-mail, television and digital media, community calendars and more.
- The establishment will be listed as a restaurant week participant for the entire year on the Restaurant Week webpages housed on Hungry in Reno’s website.
- The establishment will also receive a complimentary upgrade to a silver listing for one year on Hungry in Reno’s Places: A Directory (valued at $110.00).
- All print materials required for the event (printed menus, passports/cards, stickers, etc). Materials to be delivered to the establishment at least one week before event.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PARTICIPANT?
As a participant in Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week you must commit to providing the following:
- A high resolution logo for your establishment. Due to Hungry in Reno on or before April 1, 2020.
- A fixed price menu or specialty item that will be available for purchase the entire week. Final menu must be provided to Hungry in Reno on or before May 1, 2020.
- Provide the BEST experience possible to all your guests during the event.
- In order to assess the success of this event, each establishment must be willing to provide Hungry in Reno with total sales in dollars or people served for June 1-7, 2019 and June 1-7, 2020. 2019 numbers are due to Hungry in Reno on or before April 1, 2020 and 2020 numbers are due to Hungry in Reno on or before June 30, 2020. An establishments individual numbers will not be shared with any other entity; however, percentages may be used in future marketing efforts.
- A gift card or basket to be raffled off at the finale event. Item due to Hungry in Reno on or before June 1, 2020.
HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF RESTAURANT WEEK?
Once you have committed and paid to be a participant in Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week, you will want to do as much as you can to make the most out of the opportunity. During the event, guests are going to visit a lot of different establishments so you will want to be the one that everyone remembers and comes back to after the event has ended. Here are some suggestions on how to make this happen:
- Create a menu that helps you reach your goal. If your goal is to stand out from the crowd for your creativity, use the vent as an occasion to serve experimental and unique dishes. If you’re looking to appeal to new audiences and bring in new diners, create a menu with your most popular dishes.
- When planning your menu, take a look at the other establishments that are participating. If there are establishments that are similar to yours, consider what they may be serving and how can you diversify yourself from them.
- Give customers more than they expect. Make sure that guests feel like VIPs the moment they enter your establishment.
- Appeal to different target audiences. People of all ages, demographics and walks of life will be taking part in this restaurant week, which gives you the chance to appeal to a wide audience. When you are creating your menu, you should also be considerate of dietary restrictions and offer at least once option for vegetarians and people with food allergies.
- Partner with local business. Consider teaming up with a local winery, brewery, distillery or distributor to offer a complete food and drink package. Also consider utilizing fresh local food as much as possible. This si a great way to help another business increase its branding and it will show your restaurant as a true partner in the community, which is what Hungry in Reno Restaurant Week is all about.
DOES HUNGRY IN RENO RESTAURANT WEEK BENEFIT A CHARITY?
YES! 100% of the net proceeds of Hungry in Reno’s Restaurant Week will be split equally between the three 2019-20 Hungry Gives Back recipients: Reno Ice, STEP2 and Veteran’s Guest House.
WHAT IF I’M A BAR, BREWERY OR DISTILLERY AND DON’T OFFER FOOD BUT WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE?
If you do not serve any food items at your establishment, we would love to have you participate by offering a drink special, fixed price flight or specialty cocktail for Hungry in Reno Restaurant Week participants.