Info for Food & Drink Establishments
WHAT IS RENO RESTAURANT WEEK?
Reno Restaurant Week is a community event designed to support the local food and drink establishments.
The 2021 event will be held June 2-9, 2021.
Cheree Boteler is the founder & owner of the Hungry in Reno brand and the event organizer for Reno Restaurant Week.
Special note: this year, to be eligible to participate, food & drink establishments are required to offer a fixed price menu/drink flight or specialty item that either will only be available the week of this event or will be launched the week of the event. This requirement is in response to feedback provided by last years attendees — in lieu of any discounts, they want to have the opportunity to try new and exciting things from participating establishments.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any establishment that offers food and/or drink items (including but not limited to restaurants, casino restaurants & bars, breweries, bars, cocktail lounges, distilleries and food trucks) within the Reno/Tahoe area (including but not limited to Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Gardnerville, Fallon and Tahoe).
HOW DOES PARTICIPATING IN THIS RESTAURANT WEEK BENEFIT MY BUSINESS?
There are several ways participating in Reno’s Restaurant Week will benefit your business:
- It is a great way for you to draw in new customers and also keep existing customers satisfied and interested.
- Although you are offering your meals for reduced prices, Restaurant Week should boost your traffic not only during the event but also before and after the event.
- Restaurant Week gives you a chance to impress customers with your food, drinks and service. A high-quality experience may persuade some guests to come back and become repeat customers.
- Taking part in Restaurant Week will show your commitment to our community and boost your reputation as a high-quality restaurant within the community.
- Participating in Restaurant Week can also help improve the local economy and build the areas reputation as a foodie destination, which can improve tourism.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR AN ESTABLISHMENT TO PARTICIPATE?
It is $150* for an establishment to become a participant in Reno’s Restaurant Week. Each participant will also be required to provide a gift certificate/card/item valued at $25 or more to be raffled.
*All 2020 Participants are grandfathered in at the 2020 price of $100 per establishment.
WHAT WILL MY ESTABLISHMENT RECEIVE AS A PARTICIPANT?
Establishments registered by April 1, 2021* will receive the following:
- Digital, print and media recognition leading up to and during Restaurant Week. The event, and it’s participants, will be heavily promoted via social media, direct mail, print, e-mail, television and digital media, community calendars and more.
- Hungry in Reno will schedule a mutually agreeable day/time to visit establishment, taste the item(s) and photograph item(s) for use on social media posts promoting the event and the establishments offering. (Tasting must occur prior to May 1, 2021 to receive this benefit. Hungry in Reno agrees to pay check and gratuity for this tasting unless establishment prefers otherwise.)
- The establishment will be listed as a restaurant week participant for the entire year on the Restaurant Week webpages housed on Hungry in Reno’s website and then on the year’s archived webpage.
- The establishment will also receive a complimentary upgrade to a silver listing for one year on Hungry in Reno’s Places: A Directory (valued at $110.00).
- All print materials required for the event. Materials to be delivered to the establishment at least one week before event.
*While we will do our best, Hungry in Reno cannot guarantee digital, print and media recognition or printed materials to establishments that register after April 1, 2021
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PARTICIPANT?
As a participant in Reno Restaurant Week you must commit to providing the following:
- A high resolution logo for your establishment. Due to Hungry in Reno on or before April 1, 2021.
- A fixed price menu or specialty item(s) that will be exclusively available for purchase the entire week. Final menu must be provided to Hungry in Reno on or before April 1, 2021.
- Schedule a mutually agreeable day/time prior to May 1, 2021 for Hungry in Reno to visit your establishment, taste the item(s) and take photographs.
- A gift card/certificate/item valued at $25 or more to be raffled off at the finale event. Item due to Hungry in Reno on or before May 1, 2021.
- Provide the BEST experience possible to all your guests during the event.
Please note that deadlines must be adhered to due to printing timelines and social media schedules. If your establishment misses a deadline you may not receive full marketing benefits allocated to participants.
HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF RESTAURANT WEEK?
Once you have committed and paid to be a participant in Reno Restaurant Week, you will want to do as much as you can to make the most out of the opportunity. During the event, guests are going to visit a lot of different establishments so you will want to be the one that everyone remembers and comes back to after the event has ended. Here are some suggestions on how to make this happen:
- Create a menu that helps you reach your goal. If your goal is to stand out from the crowd for your creativity, use the vent as an occasion to serve experimental and unique dishes. If you’re looking to appeal to new audiences and bring in new diners, create a menu with your most popular dishes.
- When planning your menu, take a look at the other establishments that are participating. If there are establishments that are similar to yours, consider what they may be serving and how can you diversify yourself from them.
- Give customers more than they expect. Make sure that guests feel like VIPs the moment they enter your establishment.
- Appeal to different target audiences. People of all ages, demographics and walks of life will be taking part in this restaurant week, which gives you the chance to appeal to a wide audience. When you are creating your menu, you should also be considerate of dietary restrictions and offer at least once option for vegetarians and people with food allergies.
- Partner with local business. Consider teaming up with a local winery, brewery, distillery or distributor to offer a complete food and drink package. Also consider utilizing fresh local food as much as possible. This si a great way to help another business increase its branding and it will show your restaurant as a true partner in the community, which is what Hungry in Reno Restaurant Week is all about.
DOES RENO RESTAURANT WEEK BENEFIT A CHARITY?
YES! 100% of the net proceeds of Reno Restaurant Week will be split equally between the three 2021 Hungry Gives Back recipients: Reno Rodeo Foundation, STEP2 and The Eddy House.
WHAT IF I’M A BAR, BREWERY OR DISTILLERY AND DON’T OFFER FOOD BUT WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE?
If you do not serve any food items at your establishment, we would love to have you participate by offering a special fixed price flight or specialty cocktail/beverage for Reno Restaurant Week participants.